Kodi 16 Jarvis Released read this blog find out what improvements they have made and where you can download and install on your Device.
You can now officially download Kodi 16 Jarvis Final Release from HERE on Kodi.tv official site.
Kodi 16 Jarvis is ready for general release after months of testing and can be installed on any Kodi compatible device without having to worry about beta bugs or issues. I have been running the beta since the first beta without issues. So looking forward to playing around with the final version.
I have noticed since using it seems faster and have implemented some nice changes, so get your device up to date and get it installed.
Version 16 Jarvis of Kodi improves on a loads of features including improved audio and video playback, updated codecs, new skin settings, and features to improve the use of Kodi on the Nvidea Shield .
We have listed below some of the improvements this info has come form the official Kodi Website
Kodi 16 Improvements
Implement the more future proof DirectX11 for Windows which still works for DirectX9 video cards
Event logging which among others shows which video files didn’t got added to your library
Skin settings are now stored as separate files like any other add-on which makes migrating settings a lot easier
Image resource add-ons which provide a single point of entry for skins to share common used images like movie studio icons and record labels which saves quite a lot of space and bandwidth
Audio DSP (Digital Signal Processing) add-on integration and are already included which could make things possible like equalizers, sound processing, fake surround and more
PVR/DVR section has been extended and improved massively which now also handles series recording
Music library improvements which includes asking to scan to library when adding locations and also better tag scanning
Button long-press which extends the functionality of a single button to handle two functions which is great for button deprived remotes (Shield)
Android now support a Surface Rendering which keeps the interface at normal HD resolution while allows playback of 4K on supported devices
Removal of the infamous libstagefright on Android which served us for the past years while the Android platform matured to a fully fetaured MediaCodec
Add-on manager underwent heavy changes which includes slightly different structure, per add-on auto-update on/off switch, better update/rollback support to choose from repos,
• Fix some possible DVD menu problems
• Fix selection of stacked multiple ISO files (movie.disc1.iso, movie.disc2.iso, movie.disc3.iso etc)
• Fix navigation in EPG grid when there’s channels have no EPG data available
• Add missing MOOD tag scanning for FLAC/Ogg/Xiph/Vorbis, ASF and MP4/iTunes like other file format
• Use local icon stored icon instead of downloading a new one when for the add-on update notification
• Fix CPU feature check on Android for newer kernels
• Fix not correctly selecting items in a list when list is updated or going to next page
• Fix “renderloop” crashes on Windows
• Fix accidental repeated button presses with long-press feature